Recipe by Teresa Cutter
225g fresh pitted dates – approx 10 – 15 dates depending on their size
zest from 1 orange
250g organic dried apricots, chopped
150 g (1 ½ cups) almond meal / ground almonds
1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground nutmeg
¼ tsp ground ginger
80 g white chocolate, melted for decoration – optional see other great topping ideas below)
Healthy Raw Vegan Custard
1 x 400 g (14 oz) can organic coconut milk or cream for a thicker custard
1 teaspoon Healthy Chef Turmeric Latte
1 orange, juiced
To make custard
- Combine all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve chilled alongside puddings.
- Combine dates, orange zest, apricots, vanilla, ground almonds, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger in a food processor.
- Process until mixture is combined and looks like fine crumbs.
- Spoon mixture into a large bowl and add 1 – 2 tablespoons orange juice then mix again. Your pudding mix should come together in the hands when lightly squeezed.
- Divide puddings into 6 small puddings. The best way to do this is to line the base of your desired mould with glad wrap and press the pudding mixture into it firmly.
- Invert the pudding and remove the glad wrap. Repeat until all the puddings are formed.
- Melt white chocolate in a small bowl that is set over a simmering pot of water.
- Spoon a little white chocolate over the tops of the puddings if using and garnish. You can use goji berries, fresh cherries or anything you fancy. Alternatively, omit the topping if you wish.
- Arrange onto a serving plate and set aside until needed.
- Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
PLEASE NOTE: YOU DO NOT NEED TO BAKE THESES PUDDINGS
NOTES AND INSPIRATION
Garnish with fresh red cherries or raspberries.
Top with thick yoghurt in place of custard.
Serve with sour cherry compote or smashed raspberries.
As an alternative to white chocolate combine 100 g melted cacao butter with 100 ml coconut cream and 1 tablespoon maple syrup and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract. Mix well and drizzle over the puddings then allow to set.