- 8 sheets of rice paper
- 100 g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 carrot julienned
- Cucumber julienned
- Red capsicum finely sliced
- Asparagus blanched and halved
- 8 prawns halved, or shredded chicken breast
- Enoki mushrooms
- Vietnamese mint
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon lime or lemon juice
Soak the rice vermicelli in boiling water for two minutes, and then drain well. Fill a large bowl with warm water. Soak a rice paper sheet in warm water for 20 seconds or until soft, and put on a damp tea towel. Place a selection of the vegetables, herbs and noodles onto one side of rice paper sheet. Add a couple of prawn halves or chicken if used. Fold over the bottom edge and then roll up, leaving the top open. Continue with the next soaked sheet until all vegetables and prawns or chicken are used up. Alternatively, put all ingredients on a large platter and let guests make their own spring rolls.
Serve with dipping sauce. These are great to have for lunch, with drinks, or as a starter for a dinner party.
Georgie Woollett, Practice Manager