By Jennifer Lydon
Special Options: Diabetic, Egg free, Gluten free, Heart friendly, Kid friendly, Low GI, Nut free, Vegetarian.
- ½ cup (100g) red lentils 2 cups (500ml) boiling waer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled, cut into large slices
- 1 kg kumara, peeled, cut into large slices
- 1 large head broccoli, cut into florets
- Green onion, low-fat natural yogurt, to serve.
Combine lentils and boiling water in a large jug. Set aside.
Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium. Cook onion for 2 minutes, until soft. Add lentils and soaking water, carrot, kumara, broccoli and 6 cups water. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, until vegetables are tender. Cool slightly.
Using a hand blender, blend until smooth. Season to taste. Serve topped with green onion and a dollop of natural yoghurt.
Jo Raulin, Senior Admin and HR