BROWN RICE AND AVOCADO SALAD
- 1/2 cup (100g) brown rice
- 1 tbs sunflower seeds
- 1 tbs pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tbs whole almonds
- 1 tbs pistachio kernels, chopped
- 3 zucchinis
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 100g mung bean sprouts or mixed sprouts
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup mint leaves
- Step 1 – Cook the rice according to packet instructions until just tender, then drain and cool. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Step 2 – Toast the sunflower seeds, pepitas, almonds and pistachios in a dry frypan for 1-2 minutes over medium heat until fragrant and lightly toasted. Add to the bowl with the cooled rice.
- Step 3 – Coarsely grate 2 zucchinis and gently squeeze to remove excess water. Thinly slice remaining zucchini. Add both to the rice mixture with spring onion and sprouts.
- Step 4 – Combine the oil, lemon juice and honey, then season. Add to the salad with the avocado and half the mint, then gently toss to combine. Serve scattered with remaining mint.