- 2 (about 600g) pork fillets, excess fat trimmed
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- 130g (2 cups) bean sprouts
- 50g snow pea sprouts, halved
- 1 carrot, peeled, cut into matchsticks
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp sesame oil
Preheat oven to 220°C. Place the pork on a plate. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with Chinese five spice. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the sesame seeds and cook, tossing, for 1 minute or until toasted. Transfer to a bowl. Add the pork to the pan and cook for 2 minutes each side or until golden brown. Transfer to a baking tray. Bake in oven for 8 minutes or until just cooked through. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice across the grain.
Meanwhile, combine the bean sprouts, snow pea sprouts, carrot, shallot and coriander in a bowl. Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and sesame oil in a screw-top jar and shake until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle dressing over the salad and gently toss until just combined.
Divide the salad among serving plates. Top with pork and sprinkle with sesame seeds to serve.