- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 mild red chilies, seeds removed and sliced finely
- 1 x 425g can Serena tuna in olive oil
- a large handful of rocket
- a handful of snow peas
- 750g packet of pasta (bow ties work well)
- green salad
Bring a large pot of water to the boil and add pasta. (Don’t overcook – should be al dente – about 10 mins. Drain.
Place crushed garlic, diced onion and chilli into pan with a touch of oil and cooked until softened.
Using a fork, break up the tuna within the can, keeping the oil. Add the tuna and oil to the pan and stir in over a moderate heat.
Add snow peas to pan and stir occasionally for a couple of minutes – should retain some crunch.
Add rocket and squeeze the juice of two of the lemons into the pan, and then add the drained pasta and stir through gently.
Serve with the 3rd lemon cut into wedges, and a green salad.
Janine and Mark Hearn