(Preparation: 10 minutes, cooking: 50 minutes, serves: 10)
- 4 Mandarins
- 230 grams caster sugar
- 6 eggs
- 250 grams ground almond meal
- 1tsp baking powder
- ½ cup flaked or slivered almonds
Preheat oven to 170c. Grease and line a 24 cm spring form tin with baking paper.
- Cut mandarins in half and remove any pips but do not peel. Roughly chop and place in food processor with the sugar. Process until finely chopped and sugar has dissolved.
- Add the eggs and process until smooth and well combined.
- Add the almond meal and baking powder and process until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared tin and sprinkle with the flaked almonds. Place in the centre of the oven and cook for 45-50 minutes. Test with a skewer, which should come out clean. Leave for 10 minutes in tin, then transfer the cake to a wire rack until cool.